Most insurance plans are currently covering telehealth visits. A telehealth visit is an audio-video visit that is conducted via the Internet. If you are worried about COVID-19, or if you live out of town and don't want to drive all the way to Odessa, a telehealth visit might be a better option for you than a traditional in-office visit.
For the visit, you will need a computer, tablet, or smart phone that is connected to the Internet and has a camera, microphone, and speaker. You will also need a compatible browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Safari).
If you are interested in seeing Dr. Rao from the comfort of your home, call us to schedule a telehealth appointment. Although we will contact your insurance to verify that it covers telehealth visits, we strongly encourage you to call your insurance as well, as insurance plans have been known to occasionally give incorrect information over the phone.
At least 24 hours prior to your telehealth appointment with Dr. Rao, please do the following:
1) Go to intakeq.com/c/qnJPyH and enter your name and email address. You will be emailed a link to our telehealth consent form, which you will need to read and sign.
2) Download and read the instruction sheet on how to log in.
3) As stated in the instruction sheet, go to our doxy.me web address (doxy.me/advancedallergywt) and sign in to make sure your system is working properly. Click on the “pre-call test “button to make sure your device is set up for a video call.
4) Notify us immediately if you encounter any problems with the above.
On the day of the appointment, please do the following:
1) Check your vital signs prior to your visit. Try to get your weight, temperature, heart beats per minute, and breaths per minute. Also, if you have a peak flow meter, check your peak flow number. If you are able to check your blood pressure, please do that as well.
2) Go to doxy.me/advancedallergywt and sign in again.
3) Call us at 432-333-3300 10 minutes prior to your appointment time so our staff can ask a few screening questions and get your vital signs. Dr. Rao will then start the telehealth visit with you.
Copyright © 2022 Advanced Allergy & Asthma Care - All Rights Reserved.